Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Creeping Darkness: Guild Night Raises The Wall!


As usual, I’m busy as ever. College, Age of Conan, and now…..Champions Online!
Last night we had a huge guild night,all focused around our guild city. The Creeping Darkness is a rather small affair. I refuse to spam /globalchat with a guild recruitment link, and that is certainly to my detriment. I, truly, don’t find anything wrong with it. I just enjoy grouping, or politely chatting with someone, and asking them if they’d like to hear about the guild.

Now that the official rush of the “reevaluation period” is over, we are back to a steady but decidedly quieter pace. We have about eight regulars that hop on and off during the week. The guild night, now on Thursdays at seven o’clock EDT, has become a set group of five returning people. Openedge1, his wife, their son, and a great guild member  known as Krayor, consistently join me to go off and cause some trouble in-game.

For a group of five people, raising the outer wall of a guild city is a daunting task. The resources can be acquired rather easily, Krayor and I saw to it quite early. The real kick in the face is the forty gold that had to be raised to build and move my architecture crafting profession forward!

As I might have said in an earlier post, Openedge1′s wife is the money maker. They have been generous enough to place earning their sons one hundred gold War Horse mount on hold to help build the city. Since launch, The Creeping Darkness has always been a small guild; I actually like it that way. I’d gotten used to the fact that completing a Tier 1 guild city was probably not going to happen.
Imagine my surprise when last week I realized I had enough resources, in my inventory. to build the outerwall, and then was given the rest of the cash from our resident sugar mama! Holy Smokes! It took me about an hour and forty-five minutes to count out, verify, and craft all the things needed!
Here are a few screenshots from our initial meet-up in our city, and the construction of the outer wall:

Gathering Together

The Raising 1

The Raising 2

Outer Wall Survey

Passing Through The Gates

So that’s that…well not quite! After getting all the materials together for last night, I spent time setting up our next goal. It being the inner wall, and having another nineteen gold investment, I’d figured it be a far off goal. That was until we found out that we’d collect all the resources need…just needed the cash! Yet again, Shanrhiana, popped in like some Dickens Age Benefactor, and gave us the gold needed! A few minutes of hurried crafting later:

Shady Trading

Inner Wall Raising 1

Inner Wall Raising 2

Inner Wall Raising 3

Point Krayor! Point!

Everybody! /bycrom!

Farewell

What a great guild night! A full Tier 1 city! Next week we’ll be trying our hand at some more interesting instances, and I’ll attempting to recruit a bit. Thanks everyone who saw the guild city to completion!

The Creeping Darkness now has a Champions Online branch! Anyone that would like to join just in-game mail me, @Blamefulgecko.

No comments:

Post a Comment