Saturday, August 22, 2009

Today on the Catwalk: Scarclaw Set


What a busy past week or so. I’ve been messing around in Champions Online, getting ready for classes that will be starting in a few days, and finishing up a summer research position I’ve been working on.

I think it’ll take a couple posts to catch up. I’ve been bouncing around a few thoughts, and I think they’ve really added up.

First things first, when I started Age of Conan over, one thing that got me really jazzed up was the reminder by Openedge1′s Fashion Showthat the diversity in AoC’s gear is present, but the player needs to explore to find it.

I remember at launch running the Sanctum of Burning Souls, for my Scarclaw set. It’s a gear set that is clearly designed for, my class, the Bear Shaman. I won’t bore you with the stats, and just show you a picture:

Scarclaw

It consists of a helm, chestpiece, leggings, and boots. I was lucky to get everything but the boots in four or five runs. Those darn boots on the other hand took forever. I’d spent too much time trying to get them to stop, but luckily they have the greatest chance of dropping on the first two bosses so we didn’t have to go through the whole instance.

During launch, I spent most of my time actually collecting resources and grinding for cash to build the guild city. I didn’t really run many instances in the Noble District, Field of the Dead, or Eiglophian Mountains. I’m really hoping that the great dungeon design continues throughout AoC. I don’t just mean the engrossing story, the quests, the architecture, and boss encounters provide either. I mean the actual layout of the dungeons.

I may have went into the Sanctum instances fifteen or so times with three groups, but the instance has multiple optional bosses, and as we acquired the gear for a particular group member we were able to cross that boss of the list. It made for a fun and much less arduous gear excursion!

I don’t know if I’ll have it in me to collect every piece of every set I encounter for my class. I think it was important to get the Scarclaw set out of Sanctum, because I had so many fond memories of running around in it at launch. That may sound weird, but it was just one of the many things that helps me immerse myself into the world.

But anyways, time to check the old marketplace, and Crom it up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment