Monday, February 15, 2016

Backlog for the Baby

Over the past few months hanging out with my brand new baby boy hasn't afforded much time for gaming. While I'm not surprised about how little not being able to play games has affected my life, it is my main hobby and I've been missing it. My wife and I, with some trial and error, have agreed on an evening a week that the other person can "take off" from kid duties and do something all for them. My wife goes to karaoke, while I plan on playing video games. Also, over the past few weeks I've been peer pressuring a co-worker to get Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate in hopes that we'll meet up on my gaming night for some beers and monster slaying! Anyways, onto the explanation of the blog series.

I've wanted to get my thought down on the huge backlog of games I have on various platforms for quite a while. There are so many games that I start and never finish, it's a problem I share with a lot of people in my online social circles. I want to friggin' beat some of the games! I usually get distracted by an online game of some sort and by the time I comeback to a game I feel I have to start over. Also, I've used the idea of this blog as a pretty easy excuse, not wanting to start really making progress till I feel like actually writing. So I think it's time just to make the promise and stick to it!

I'll just say it now...Earth Defense Force 4.1 is that last game I'm going to purchase for 6 months! This may backfire horribly because I haven't looked at games releasing in the near future yet! I figure, if I do, I'll just make up some concession for myself and compromise the whole affair if I start looking at the calendar. I just chose 6 months out of thin air but that's a pretty good length of time to hold off on buying games and even though gaming is slow going now a days, for me, I think I'll be able to finish some of the core games that have been bugging me that I haven't finished yet!

First on the list is Firewatch! I've been anticipating this game for quite a while and the one evening I played it made me excited to jump into it! The art direction drew me in immediately, and the voice acting is amazing! I'll talk more about it during the next post, but I'm excited to play the game tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment